Mount Damāvand, a potentially active volcano, which is the highest peak in Iran and the Middle East as well as the highest volcano in Asia. It has a special place in Persian mythology and folklore. Snow covers the entire mountain in winter and the upper parts in the other seasons. Damavand (in Persian دماوند) is surrounded by many good looking peaks of Alborz Mountains. The view of this huge mountain looks more attractive from away than close up. In a clear day it is visible far from 250 km.
Trekking Damavand is definitely a life time memory and a rewarding experience. Depending on your mountaineering skills you can decide on the season and duration of your ascend. However, the best season for hiking Damavand starts from June to the end of September. Before attempting a Damavand Tour you better read all the necessary information for ascending this huge mountain.
The south ridge of Damavand has the longest climbing season. It is the most taken route by the climbers and has better facilities in the shelters
Pricing: from 400 EUR/Person All inclusive
If you are looking for a more authentic experience and slightly more advanced climbing experience you will definitely enjoy the north-eastern route
From 500EUR/person All inclusive
– expedition counselling for trip details, equipment and the nature
of Mt. Damavand trek.
– Accommodation in the Federation camp and the new hut on the trek, including all mountain
taxes and service charges.
– Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek drinking water is provided too.
– Auto transfers to/from Tehran and to/from Gusfandsara.
– Experienced mountain guide (English speaking, First Aid and eco trained). Assistant guides for large groups.
– Experienced cooks, porters or mules to carry the bulk loads back and forth between Gudfandsar and Barrage sevvom on Damvand.
– Mount Damavand entry fee.
– All government and local taxes.
– Official Damavand summit certificate on demand.
– first aid medical kit.